True leadership isn’t a matter of having a certain job or title. In fact, being chosen for a position is only the first of the five levels every effective leader achieves.
In his book “The Five Levels of Leadership”, leadership guru John Maxwell presents readers with the five stages of leadership and explains how to maximize each one to become more influential, respected and successful. The author presents an amazing model that shows how you can navigate from people just following because they have to, to having people follow you because of what you stand for. The five stages of leadership are:
1. Position – People follow because they have to.
2. Permission – People follow because they want to.
3. Production – People follow because of what you have done for the organization.
4. People Development – People follow because of what you have done for them personally.
5. Pinnacle – People follow because of who you are and what you represent.
To find out more about the five stages and how to move from 1 to 5, please see link below